A hitch lock is a type of lock that is used to secure a trailer or other towed item to a vehicle. Hitch locks are typically U-shaped and fit over the hitch receiver on the vehicle. They are then locked with a key or combination. Hitch locks help prevent theft of the towed item and protect the vehicles towing it.
Which Are The Best Hitch Locks From Our Choice
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best hitch locks and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Hitch Locks People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Crafted from the highest quality material
- Perfect for outdoor and even indoor use
- Made in China
- One size fits all (from 1-7/8", 2", to 2-5/16", all coupler types)
- Key hole cover slides up to seal out dirt and grime
- Receiver lock provides added security and theft deterrence while towing
- 1/2 in. trailer hitch locking pin is rated up to 3,500 lbs (Class I and II), 5/8 in. trailer hitch locking pin is rated up to 10,000 lbs (Class III and IV)
- Locking head rotates 360 degrees allowing keyway to conveniently face forward; receiver lock features push-to-lock locking mechanism to ensure a secure lock every time; Push head firmly onto the pin and remove key
- Snap-on cover provides weather resistance and prevents dirt and moisture from entering keyway, four-pin cylinder for added security to prevent lock picking
- 5/8 in. (16 mm) Diameter pin fits 2 in. (51 mm) Receiver Tubes, Class III/IV; 1/2 in. (13 mm) Diameter pin fits 1-1/4 in. (32 mm) Receiver tubes, Class II; Usable length of each chrome hitch pin lock is 2-3/4 in. (70 mm)
- Universal coupler lock fits virtually all 1-7/8", 2", and 2-5/16" trailer couplers.
- This lock protects unattended trailers and guards against tow-away theft. The bright red finish discourages thiefs from messing with your trailer.
- Resists rust and corrosion. Simple installation and removal.
- Advanced locking mechanism resists picking and prying.
- FIT FOR 2" 2-1/2" TOW RECEIVERS: CZC AUTO dogbone style trailer hitch receiver lock uses 5/8" pin with 3-1/2" effective length perfect for Class III/IV 2", 2-1/2" hitch receiver tubes.
- EASY OPERATE DESIGN: CZC AUTO hitch lock can be easily locked and unlocked with key. For convenience, our lock comes with 2 keys each set. And after locked, you just need to pull the lock head to ensure it is working
- PREMIUM MATERIAL: The trailer receiver lock uses black electrophoretic painted carbon steel, solid and hard to bend. 360 degree rotating head, easy to handle. All-weather rubber key slot cap keeps the keyhole away from moisture, dust and rust. Updated tubular key hole, zinc alloy lock core.
- FITMENT TYPE: Use a tow receiver lock to ensure the towing safety. CZC AUTO hitch pin lock is compatible with hitch rack, cargo hitch tray, bike rack, hitch ball and tow rope, perfect for 2" and 2-1/2" receivers on trailer truck RV car boat.
- CLIENT SUPPORT: 30-day money-back for any reason, 12-month warranty for quality-related issues. Please feel free to contact us at first if there is any problem when you receive or use our products. We are always here to support you.
- DEPENDABLE SECURITY. To protect your trailer and trailer hitch ball mount from theft, this locking hitch pin is made with high-strength steel construction
- EASY TO OPERATE. The barbell-style locking hitch pin promotes an impenetrable appearance to deter theft, and uses a simple 1/4-turn lock activation for convenient locking and unlocking as needed
- VERSATILE. With a 5/8-inch diameter pin and 2.85 inches of usable pin length, this receiver hitch lock fits virtually any 2-inch x 2-inch hitch receiver with a 5/8-inch hole (not compatible with double-walled receiver tubes)
- WATERTIGHT. The internal components of this hitch lock can easily be protected from the elements with the included watertight dust cap, while the entire hitch lock is shielded against corrosion with a durable powder coat finish
- TWO KEYS INCLUDED. For your convenience, two keys are included with this trailer hitch lock. You can keep the spare key in a discrete location for emergencies or give it to a friend for helpful access
- AMERICAN OWNED, FAMILY OPERATED - Join the Rhino Family & Support a USA based Father/Son Business!
- ANTI-THEFT HITCH PIN - Solid Forged Steel Ensures Protection to Your Trailer & Hitch From Theft
- COMMON HITCH SIZES - Our Unique Hitch Pin Fits all Class III & IV Hitches (2" x 2") With Ease.
- PATENT PENDING DESIGN - Newly Added Weatherproof Slide Cap Protects From Dirt, Mud & Gunk
- GUARANTEED 5-STAR EXPERIENCE - If you aren't 100% Satisfied for any Reason, We'll Refund your Money
- Trailer hitch lock fits 1-7/8 in. (48mm), 2 in. (51mm) and most 2-5/16 in. (59mm) trailer couplers
- Trailer lock is best used for vehicles, trailers, and RVs
- Trailer coupler lock features advanced locking mechanism to resist picking and prying
- Trailer hitch lock is constructed from zinc to resist rust and corrosion
- Includes one trailer coupler lock, two keys
- CZC AUTO Trailer Hitch Coupler Locking Pin Design：1/4 Inch diameter tongue lock pin with effective length 3/4 Inch. Small size for easy carrying. Keeping the coupler lock in your pocket or vehicle anywhere that is fine. Please verify dimension and length of the pin you want before purchasing our coupler hitch lock pin.
- How To Operate Our Trailer Tongue Coupler Lock: Spinning the flat key 5-7 times to open or close the hitch lock.
- Security Of Our Coupler Locking Pin: This trailer lock is made of high-strength steel to deter theft. The hitch lock is coated with black electrophoretic paint to prevent corrosion.
- Coupler Locking Hitch Pin's Application: Tow Trailer Boat RV Truck Car
- CZC AUTO, a reliable brand in Hitch Sercurity Industry, we offer 30-day money-back for any reason, 12-month warranty for quality-related issues.
- HEAVY DUTY TRAILER HITCH LOCK – It’s a newly upgraded trailer hitch lock with all metal construction. Two tubular keys are included to ensure easy fit and detach.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY - The trailer hitch locks is designed with a diameter 5/8" and a length of 3-1/2”. It is compatible with class III IV hitches, 2” 2-1/2” hitch receiver, big towing truck and car (Please make sure of the size of the lock or email us for more information before placing an order).
- SAFE & EASY TO USE - The core of the hitch lock is made of premium zinc alloy tubular. Its anti-theft design can withstand significant blows from different kinds of external force. Additionally, the lock includes a rubber cap and 8 rubber O-rings, which effectively keeps the keyhole away from dirt, dust, water and prevents any rattling noises.
- PRODUCT OF REMARKABLE WORKMANSHIP - The trailer hitch lock features high quality solid steel with black electrophoretic paint. It is quite sturdy and can carry up to 30,000 lbs, twice as much as that of common pin locks. It is durable, and reliable.
- WARRANTY SERVICE – We warrant the quality of our products. If you are not satisfied with our lock within 30 days of your purchase, you will get all your money back or a replacement. In addition, a year of quality warranty is provided.
- DIMENSIONS: 9” x 9” x 3”
- BUILT TO LAST: The REESE Towpower Universal Coupler lock is a premium lock constructed with an aluminum body and heavy-duty steel lock bar. Distance between lock shackle holes center to center is 4-1/2 inch
- UNIVERSAL FIT: Ratchet design is adjustable with 11 locking positions and fits 1-⅞”, 2”, and 2-5/16” couplers.
- DETERS THEFT: Bright, deterrent yellow color is durable, highly visible, and an essential accessory to all types of trailers.
- SECURE PROTECTION: Easy-to-install lock resists picking, prying and drill outs. Guards against truck or trailer towaway theft in storage.
What To Look For Choosing The Best Hitch Locks
Take the following considerations into account to choose the best hitch locks that meets your needs.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best hitch locks for your vehicle may vary. However, some the best hitch locks will include a full range of features and options.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Hitch Lock Is Best?
A hitch lock is the most popular choice for Hitch locks. It is easy to find and we have a selection of different models to choose from.
Are Hitch Locks Safe?
Yes, hitch locks are safe.
How Do I Lock My Trailer Hitch?
There is no one definitive answer to this question, as it depends on the specific Trailer Hitch lock that is used and the particular setup you are using. However, some tips on how to lock a Trailer Hitch include: -double-check the key code before you try to use it -check that the Trailer Hitch is locked from the outside before you try to put it in -try to get the key out of the hitch before trying to unlock it
What Is A Coupler Lock?
A coupler lock is a type of key chain or key ring that includes two or more keys, which are interconnected by a cumberlock.
Best hitch locks are those that are specifically designed to keep things secure. This means that if someone did try to use their hand to pull over the truck, or if someone got their hand on the hitch receiver while pulling over, they could be gettingiage for a evidence search. Best hitch locks include designs that are locked into place, and also those that have been design for maximum security.