A VHF antenna is a piece of equipment that is used to transmit and receive voice and data signals using the VHF frequency range. A good VHF antenna will provide you with clear communication, especially when sailing in busy waters. There are many different types of VHF antennas available, so it is important to do your research before purchasing one.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each phone with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Marine Vhf Antenna For Boats People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- VHF Antenna
- 4' length
- 3dB gain
- 1"-14 threaded mount
- Frequency Range: VHF 136-174MHz, UHF 400-520MHz; Feature: Strong Magnetic Base Mount; Compatible with: Marine VHF Radio; Amateur Radio; Car Mobile Radio; Ham Radio; FRS GMRS Radio; Two Way Radio; Public Radio Scanner;
- Antenna Cable: 3m / 10 feet RG58/U Cable; Cable Connector: UHF PL259 Male Connector; Accessoried Adapter: SMA Female to UHF SO239 Female Connector Adapter; Antenna Height: 47cm; Weight: 280g; Package List: 1 x Antenna; 1 x SMA Female Connector Adapter (As the Picture Shown)
- Compatible with Marine VHF Two Way Radio: Uniden, Cobra, ICOM, Garmin, Standard Horizon Eclipse Series; Compatible with Amateur Mobile Radio: BTECH, ICOM, Kenwood, Midland, Yaesu, TYT, AnyTone, Radioddity, Cobra, Uniden, President, Galaxy Audio, Pro Trucker, Stryker;
- Compatible with Marine VHF Two-Way Radio: Uniden UM380 UM380BK UM385 UM385BK UM415 UM415BK UM435 UM435BK; Cobra MRF45D MRF57B MRF57W MRF77B MRF77W; Standard Horizon Eclipse Series GX1300 GX1400 GX1400GW GX1400GB GX1600 GX1600B GX1800 GX1800GB GX1800GW GX1800B GX1850 GX1850B GX1850GW GX2000B GX6000; ICOM M330 M330G M506 M605;
- Compatible with Amateur Mobile Radio: BTECH UV-50X2 UV-25X2; ICOM 2300H F6021 A120; Kenwood TM-D710G; Midland MXT275; Yaesu Original FTM-3100R FT-2980R FT-2980; TYT TH-9800 TH-7800; AnyTone AT-5555N AT-588UV AT-6666 AT-D578UV AT-788UV; Radioddity DB25;
- Marine Antenna VHF 156-163MHz, 2 dBi signal with up to 50W of power;
- W/16.4ft(5m) RG58 Low Loss Premium Coaxial Cable With PL259;
- VHF Rubber Antenna Designed for any 156-163MHz device for receivers, 156-163MHz antenna for 156-163MHz device receivers to improve signal in receiving and transmitting.
- Stainless Steel L-bracket&U-bolts, it comes with U-bolts which can be used with the attached plate for pole mounting.
- The antenna does not come with mast pole mount; it comes with TWO U-bolt which can be used with the attached plate for pole mounting.
- 【Material Details】: Preferred stainless steel 316 material, corrosion resistance, no rust, durable, long service life
- 【Standard Size】: Base size is 3.62*2.52*0.12 inch, 3/8" hole for cable pass through, Hole diameter 5/16"
- 【Exquisite Design】: The product adopts fine grinding, mirror polishing.Precision, polishing, brightness, flatness and so on are many times better
- 【Strict Working Procedure】: Every gap of the product is polished according to the standard, and professional quality inspection will check for you
- 【Adjustable】: Adjustable ratchet design, handle rotation angle, and matching accessories-5 Screws, 4 bolts, 4 nuts, all made of 316 stainless steel to meet different needs
- GREAT PRODUCT
- FrequencyRange: 156-163MHz; Band width:5MHz; Within2.0:1 VSWR; Impedance:50Ω;
- VSWR: Nominally 1.5:1 at 159.5 MHz ; Gain: 3.0dBi; Polarization:Vertical;
- Horizontal Beam Width: 360º; Vertical Beam Width: 58º; DC Ground: NoDCGround;
- 43.3inch Fiberglass Antenns; Nylon Box Dimensions: 4.7"(12cm)H x 2.6"(6.8cm)W x 3.7"(9.5cm)L;
- VHF fiberglass Antenna Designed for any 156-163MHz device for receivers, 156-163MHz antenna for 156-163MHz device receivers to improve signal in receiving and transmitting.
- [ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS] Frequency: 156-163MHz; Impedance: 50 Ohm; VSWR: Nominally 1.5:1 at 159.5MHz; Gain: 3dBi; Maximum Power Input-watts: 50W;
- [MECHANICAL SPECIFICATIONS] Height: 110±5 CM/44inch; Termination: PL259; Cable Length/Type: 7m Low loss RG-58U coaxial cable(white); Weight: 375g
- Anti-Corrosion Materials, fiberglass construction, smooth and high gloss finish, long-life use
- 180 degrees adjustable Nylon ratchet mount, sturdy and durable, easy to Install and operate
- Pretuned for all marine band frequencies, increases reception and range of radio; widely used in boat and offshore, motor boat, cruiser, sailboat, yacht, Truck, RV, Cruise Ship,Kayaking,etc.
- 【Size】: Fits all standard 1-inch marine antennas. Base measures 3.62x 2.52 inch.
- 【316 Stainless Steel】:TINGZHIGO Marine VHF Antenna Mounts are made of 316 stainless steel. In humid air or high-temperature weather, compared with 304 stainless steel or iron material, 316 stainless steel has stronger anti-rust, abrasion resistance.
- 【Dual Swiveling Ratchet Design】Dual swiveling ratchet design, the marine VHF antenna mounts have two adjustable ratchets that can be easy to adjust mounting on slanted or level surfaces.
- 【Easy for installation】Upper ratchet: When the handle is set upright, you can adjust upper ratchet, it has an adjustable angle of 270 degrees. Once you have determined the angle you want, pull the handle down to hold it in place. Lower ratchet: First, you loosen the screw in lower ratchet and you can adjust it to the angle you want. The lower ratchet has an adjustable angle of 180 degrees. Finally, you have determined the angle you want, tighten the screws in lower ratchet.
- 【Packaging】: 1x Marine VHF Antenna Mount,4x Screws,4 xBolts,4x Nuts . We provide screws for you to install. You can choose the screws according to your actual situation. (Screws are made of 316 stainless steel). Before delivery, we will carefully check each product to ensure the quality of our products, make sure that there will be no deformation and fading will occur. Please feel free to buy it. If there is any problem, please contact us, and we will try our best to solve your problem.
- 3dbd Gain
- Covers All Marine Band Frequencies
- Stainless Steel L-bracket
- 35" Stainless Steel .200" Heavy-duty Thick Stiff Whip
- Whip Will Not Lay Over In High Wind
- The frequency of the antenna is 156-163Mhz, it can work for most of marine radio transceiver.HYSHIKRA always use high quality material for the antenna.It can effectively improve the communication distance of transceiver
- Specification Freq:156-163Mhz/Impedance:50Ohm/VSWR :less than 1.5/Gain:2dBi/Max power:50Watt
- Antenna Length:6.7inch Cable length:5meter(16.4ft)
- The antenna come with antenna mount bracket, it can install on the boat easily
- What you get: 1pcs HYSHIKRA Rubber Marine Antenna, 1pcs Antenna Mount, 1pcs 5meter RG58 antenna cable
What To Look For Before Buying Best Marine Vhf Antenna For Boats
Before choosing a Best marine vhf antenna for boats, you should take the following considerations into account.
When looking to buy a marine VHF antenna, it is important to consider your specific needs and boat. Some factors you may want to take into account include: the height of the boat, the type of VHF radio being used, and the distance from shore. There are many different marine VHF antennas available on the market, so it is important to find one that suited your needs.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Vhf Antenna Is Best?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on specific needs and preferences. However, some factors that could influence the decision include the size of the television set, the location of the antenna, and the type of signal that will be received.
How Long Should My Marine Antenna Be?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the specific circumstances of your situation. Generally speaking, a Marine Antenna should be replaced every 10-15 years depending on the use and environment it is used in.
Does Vhf Antenna Length Matter?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the specific application. While some people believe that a long, powerful VHF antenna will produce better results in terms of signal strength and clarity, others believe that a shorter antenna will be more effective in terms of performance. Ultimately, it is up to the individual owner or installer to decide how they want to configure their antennas, based on their personal preferences and needs.
Are All Vhf Antennas The Same?
Yes, all VHF antennas are the same.
Searching for the best marine vhf antenna for boats can be difficult. There are a variety of options available and it is important to choose one that will fit your specific needs. Some of the best marine vhf antenna options include rabbit ears, shortwave radios, and boat anchors.