A light meter is a device used to measure the intensity of light. When growing plants indoors, it is important to use lights of an appropriate intensity. A light meter can help you determine the best light intensity for your plants.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Take a look at the following comparison chart of our top 10 Best light meter for grow lights that will win your heart.
10 Best Light Meter For Grow Lights People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Because the main spectra of LED | CMH, HPS and SUNLIGHT are different, human eyes and plants have different perception abilities for these light sources. FH-100 is specifically designed for different spectra to measure the most accurate LUX or PPFD.
- When testing PPFD in a closed tent, you can close the tent completely and get the most accurate value by using our meter. While for other meters, you must open one side of the tent to do it, so the light will leak out and you can't get the most accurate value.
- Save manpower. For example, to test the illuminance of the light source at different distances or different powers, with FH-100, only one person can complete it, instead of two people.
- When testing, because you don't need to hold the light meter, you can avoid that the light is blocked by your body.
- It can test the illuminance value in small spaces or places that cannot be touched by people.
- AS803 Lux Light Meter is used to measure intensities of illumination in Lux or Footcandles, widely used in scenic design, research teaching, industry inspection as well as agriculture researching and illumination control.
- With the advanced built-in calibration sensor and twice per second frequency, it takes only a split second for an accurate reading. The rotatable head is beneficial to multi-directional detection.
- Large LCD display and backlight.
- Hand-held design and small size make the meter easy to carry.
- Measuring range: 0-200,000 Lux
- ☀【HIGH ACCURACY】+/- 4% of readings for 10000 Lux, 1000 FC; +/- 5% of readings +/- 10 digits for 400000 Lux, 40000FC
- ☀【0.4 SECOND RESPONSE】2~3 times sampling per second, Instantly to measure out how much luminosity intensity you’re getting, No more guessing
- ☀【WIDE MEASURE RANGE】 This light meter can measure luminance at 0.01~400,000 Lumens, (0.01~40,000 Foot Candles), Which is much wider than the others. Resolution 0.01
- ☀【EASY TO USE】The light sensor can be rotated 270º, so you don’t need to turn around the light meter to measure luminosity intensity from different angles. Just rotate the sensor, and you can still read the illuminance at front
- ☀【MEMORIZE THE LIGHT READINGS】This Lux Meter can help you record 33 sets of readings,Temp Testing, The RELATIVE measuring mode will show you the difference between current / recorded data. Ideal lux meter to measure light intensity for LED grow lights,garden, plants, school, office, state, LED lights, indoor and outdoor
- 【Quantum Par Meter】This fully portable handheld PAR meter features our highly accurate, integrated Quantum Sensor that measures PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) flux in wavelengths ranging from 400 to 700 nm. It measures up to 10,000 μmol/s compared with 2,000 μmol/s for other meters on the market.
- 【Save Money:】 Best selling AND useful for your indoor growing plants and 3.get you in the ball park of light requirements and testing for half the cost.
- 【All Indoor plants】 Data logging capability using standard mini-USB cable and proprietary data logging software and Low power consumption with built-in low battery power indication.
- 【High Precision】 Constant linear response curve (as opposed to other meters’ Gaussian response) yields higher accuracy independent of wavelength—perfect for measuring LED light output.
- 【Rechargeable】【Free return/exchange/refund if any concern】【Charging 1-2 hours before use if no power】1year warranty. US patent.
- 【WIDE APPLICATIONS】—This light Meter is equipped with high accuracy silicon diode photosensitive components, which can accurately measure the light and brightness accurately. Ideal to use at home, garden, aquarium, plants, school, office, state, LED lights, buildings, warehouses, production lies, farms, aquaculture, stage, stadiums, indoor and outdoor.
- 【MULTIFUNCTION】—The lux meter with an easy-to-read backlight, max/min, data hold, low battery indication, ℃/℉ switch, lux/fc switch, auto power off. 4-range settings: 0/200/2,000/20,000/200,000 Lux.
- 【HANDHELD】—You can bring the digital Illuminance / light meter wherever you need to. Fits easily into a work bag or large pocket and barely adds any weight. It's the ultimate in light-metering convenience!
- 【EASY TO USE】—Replace the battery easily with the no screw design; Sensor cover provides enhanced protection for the light sensor. The outer casing is made of high-density polyethylene, which is non-slip and anti-drop.
- 【ABOUT US】¬- Battery included, if you have any problem or suggestions about our thermocouple thermometer please let us know it and we will try to provide a satisfied service.
- 1.【1-200,000 Max Luminance range】This light meter is an instrument that specifically measures luminosity and brightness.Range can be up to 1-200,000 lux.It is enough to test all natural and artificial light.
- 2.【±4 Hight Accuracy Long Lifespan】The len is 180 degree rotatable depending in different conditions, and accuracy of test could be less than ±4.Widly used in homes,office,warehouse,production line,growing dance hall,gym...
- 3.【Multi-Function】Dada Hold|Max/Min Lock,realtime temperature,foot candles/lux switch.
- 4.【Lux/FC Unit Switch| LCD Backlit】This light meter has an exsiting sensor that tests real time surrounding temperature,with LCD backlit display,you will be able to see data clearly in dark places. The measure unit could be switched between Lux and foot candles.
- 5.【Mini Design Delicate Easy to Carry】AS803 miniature luuxmeter has an exquisite design,small,light and convenient to carry anywhere in your pocket.
- USB interface for easy setup and data download
- Selectable data sampling rates from 1 second to 24 hours
- LCD displays current readings, min/max and alarm status
- Includes Windows 2000, XP and Vista compatible analysis software
- 1.Industrial level digital light meter with 1-200,000 range, probe is detachable and turnable to achieve 360 degree detecting, tDetachable two-in-one probe, the one-piece probe can be rotated 360°, and the measurement spring wire can be extended up to 1.5 meters
- 2. A variety of light source types can be tested for measurement, and plant lights can be measured.Multi-color source test for LED grow light, Red,yellow,green,blue,purple,the light meter can also set the threshold value manually.
- 3.Multi-functions: Professional VA high definition color screen light meter, auto power off when not in use,data hold, Max/Min sampling. Lux and FC switch, color unit switch, Max/Min alarm.
- 4. It is a great light meter for grow light,too.Dual power supply:3 x1.5V AA(LRO6)) battery and USB micro port 5V charging, please note that the USB port is reserved for direct supply if you use it with a phone USB wire, it does not mean it is rechargeable, but if you ever have a power source like power bank, then you don't need the battery we provide.
- 5.This digital light meter can set upper and lower limit sound and light alarm,Unit LUX/FC can be converted
- ✅【Excellent Function your light digital meter equip】Measure range from 1 to 300,000Lux,accuracy≤10,000Lux: ±4%rdg±0.5%f.s,≥10,000Lux:±5%+10digits(Calibrated to standard incandescent lamp at color temperature 2856K)
- ✅【Upgrade Accuracy】±4%rdg ±0.5%f.s (less 10,000 Lux;1,000 FC) / ±5%rdg ±10dgt (over 10,000 Lux;1,000FC) ;Resolution:0.1Lux / 0.01Fc ; 0.1 - 300,000Lux/1 - 30,000FC;Measurement speed: 2 times / second.
- ✅【270 Degree Rotatable Detector】Keep an eye on the light level anywhere in the room;The light meter sensor can rotate 270 degrees, So you don't need to move the light meter,just need to rotate the degrees to measure the lights that you need.
- ✅【Multifunction And Easy To Operate】Rapid Response, Auto Zeroing, Data Hold & Peak-Data hold switches, Low power consumption, MAX/MIN Hold,Relative Value,℃/℉ Switch,with LCD backlit
- ✅【2 Years Warranty】AOPUTTRIVER provide 2 years warranty and lifetime technical support.If there is any product issues, please feel free to contact us!
- Brand name:Sun System
- Assembly not required
- Made in China
- Se inside with Sun System grow lights or outside with natural sunlight
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Light Meter For Grow Lights
Before choosing a Best light meter for grow lights, you should take the following considerations into account.
There are many different types of light meters available on the market, so it can be difficult to choose the best one for your needs. Here are some tips to help you make the best decision: 1. Look for a light meter that is compatible with your grow lights. This will ensure that you are getting an accurate reading, and will help you save time in your grow operation. 2. Consider how much light your plants need. A low wattage light meter will be more appropriate for smaller plants, while a higher wattage light meter may be better suited for larger plants. 3. Make sure that the meter has a range of readings. This will allow you to accurately measure the level of light each week or month. 4. Be sure to read the reviews before purchasing any light meter. Many people have had great experiences with certain meters, but others have had problems. By reading other people’s experiences, you can make an informed decision about which meter is right for you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use A Lux Meter For Plants?
Yes, a lux meter can be used to measure light levels in plants.
What Is A Good Light Meter For Plants?
A good light meter for plants is one that can measure light intensity and color.
Are Plant Light Meters Accurate?
Yes, they are accurate.
Is A Lux Meter The Same As A Par Meter?
A lux meter measures light intensity and is used to calculate the amount of light that a room requires. A PAR meter measures light output and can be used to calculate the wattage of a light bulb.
There is no definitive answer to this question as the best light meter for grow lights depends on your specific needs and budget. Some general tips to help you choose the best light meter for your grow lights include using a variety of test meters to compare different types of light, checking the beamwidth and angle of arrival of light, and considering the wattage of your grow lights.