Headphones are a necessary piece of gear for snowboarding, and there are a lot of different factors to consider when choosing the right pair. Comfort, sound quality, and durability are all important, but it’s also important to find headphones that will stay in your ears while you’re boarding. There are a lot of great options out there, and we’ve compiled a list of our favorites.
A Shortlist Of The Best Headphones For Snowboarding
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best headphones for snowboarding and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Headphones For Snowboarding You Should Consider In 2022
- Clean Sound, Clear Highs, Big Bass - OM BT01 is a wired chips equipped with optimally tuned 40mm drivers and CSR chip Bluetooth 5.0 for euphonious resonation with encrypted strong and stable connection ensuring an wonderful shredding journey on the slope.
- Skiing/Snowboarding Friendly Control - Three glove friendly buttons controls adjust volume, change tracks, play, pause, take calls and use Siri (voice control) through the built-in microphone.
- A Pair of Chips Understand Skier/Snowboarder - Built-in microphone allows you to get to jamming without missing anytime from the pow to answer missed calls when shredding & riding. Headphone can be charged directly without pulling off from helmet.
- Universal Helmet Compatibility - Minimal designed headset with 12.2 inch cord fits most audio ready ski/snowboard helmets including Giro, Smith, Burton, K2, POC, Anon and even motorcycle helmets.
- Rugged Design for All Conditions - OM BT01 wireless headphone made of IP45 sweat-resistance material and tested working perfectly at -20°C/-4°F. Up to 15 hrs play time & 500 hrs standby time.
- PREMIUM BALANCED SOUND - Shred the slopes listening to your favorite tunes in high definition sound with the Alta Bluetooth Audio system. Using 40mm Drivers and a premium Bluetooth 5.0 wireless chip set, the Alta wireless Bluetooth speakers deliver balanced dynamic sound with deep bass at any volume level.
- CRISP HANDS FREE CALLING - No more digging for you phone or taking off your helmet to make a call. Simply press the right button twice to activate Siri or Google Voice to make a call or change your playlist using the built in microphone.
- UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE - Works with most audio ready helmet brands including Wildhorn (Checkout out our Drift helmet!), Smith, Poc, K2, Giro, Bolle, Anon, Burton and others. At 2.2 inches high, 1.8 in wide and .5 in thick the Altas easily drop into the ear pads and run across the backside of our Drift helmet for comfort and easy use.
- INTUITIVE DESIGN - Designed in Utah by skiers and snowboarders that wanted a hassle free premium audio experience. You will never have to remove your phone from whichever coat pocket it's hiding in again. The Alta features 3 over-sized buttons (one on the Right and two on the left) so you can easily control almost every function of your phone without removing your helmet or gloves. Control the volume, change tracks, activate Siri or Google Voice, make calls, pause music and more.
- RUGGED CONSTRUCTION WITH ALL DAY PLAYTIME - The Alta is sweat resistant and has been tested in extreme cold, 24 degrees Fahrenheit (-4 degrees Celsius). With 10 hours of playtime you can shred the gnar all day and never run out of juice for your tunes.
- 40Mm drivers for clear Bluetooth wireless audio for any audio compatible helmet
- Two-Button glove-friendly controls adjust volume, change tracks, play, pause, take calls and use Siri (voice control) through the built-in microphone 10 hours of playtime on a single charge so you can ride all day listening to smooth jazz without concern
- Sweat-Resistant and fully functional in extreme cold weather (-20 DegreeC/-4 DegreeF)
- Walkie Talkie feature in not available .
- Easy-Touch Remote – Never fumble w/ your phone or touch-sensitive earbuds again. The Chubby Buttons Bluetooth remote features big buttons to control your phone even when wearing gloves or mittens.
- Launch Siri or Google Assistant, Answer Calls, Control Tunes – Compatible w/ all smartphones, music apps, headphones (wired & wireless) & bluetooth speakers. Launch your digital assistant, answer calls, control your tunes & take selfies remotely. Keep your CB up-to-date with the latest firmware using our new companion app.
- Rugged, All-Weather Use – This smartphone remote is water resistant to make it tough enough to outlast snowy slopes, rain-soaked roads and steamy bathrooms, making it ideal for action sports or active lifestyles.
- All-Season Battery Life – Lasts & lasts, this smartphone remote control helps save phone battery life in cold weather & keeps working through every ride, powder sesh, & rugged hiking adventure.
- Wearable or Stickable Convenience – Wear it w/ our new one-size-fits-all armband over big winter coats or skinny forearms- it's fully adjustable! Or stick Chubby Button's nanosuction backing to stoves, showers, mirrors, car radios and more!
- Custom acoustic platform delivers powerful, balanced sound
- Control your sound with two distinct listening modes: Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) and Transparency mode
- Three soft eartip sizes for a stable and comfortable fit while ensuring an optimal acoustic seal
- Up to 8 hours of listening time (up to 24 hours combined with pocket-sized charging case)
- Industry-leading Class 1 Bluetooth for extended range and fewer dropouts
- Universal fit with almost any helmet that has an audio-ready liner.Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Oversized, two-button interface controls volume, track, play/pause, and telephone calls
- 40 mm drivers for outstanding sound and ear-crushing volume
- No battery means no charging and no worrying about going silent
- Sweat-resistant and designed for use in extreme cold (-20 Degree C/-4 Degree F)
- IPX7 waterproof,Adopting highly sealed shell + nano-coating waterproof technology, its waterproof performance reaches IPX7 waterproof standard, and it is not afraid of sweat attack even if it is used in severe sports. Great for running, hiking, cycling, fitness, yoga, travel, gym etc.
- Excellent sound quality, headset and Bluetooth 5.1 for stereo sound and superb bass sound. Clear high & low volume. Excellent wireless earbuds sound.Bulit-in mic with voice notification of incoming calls. Also we have upgraded the bluetooth name from "Otium" to "U8", it will more conveniently to search and connect with the U8 headphones.
- Up to 15 hours ,music playing for full battery charge. Super quick charge time with full charge light indication.The headphone battery status will be automatically displayed on the IOS Phone screen.
- With easy to use button, Allows skip/play/pause on your music tracks as well as all phone use without reaching your phone. Super quick pairing with android, IOS and other bluetooth devices.
- State of the art earphones design, Best workout sweatproof bluetooth ear buds. Great for Running, Jogging, Hiking, Biking, Gym etc. Stay in Ear Tech with Comfortable Ear Hook. Neckband design, no wires tangling, and it's easy to storage to your sports armband or arm package bag.
- 15-25kKhz Frequency Response.Headphones fit type:Over-Ear
- Designed for comfort: Exceptionally comfortable memory foam ear cushions and padded leatherette headband help keep you focused on gaming
- Supreme audio quality: Large 53 millimeter drivers provide high-quality audio. Hear in-game details better and get the in-game advantage on your opponents
- 7.1 virtual surround sound: Truly immerse yourself in your games with hardware-driven virtual 7.1 surround sound for precisely located audio
- Passive noise cancellation: The closed ear cup design blocks out outside distractions to keep you in the game
- This helmet has two reinforced layers. The external cap is made from strong ABS material, which is covered by a supporting EPS outer shell for dual protection. This helmet fully complies with EN1077 standards and is CE/ASTM certified. Adults only!
- Build-In ear pads pocket for wireless headphone-Allows you to add drop-in kit and connect with your phone to crank out your tunes as you enjoy the mountains.
- The internal fabric lining and ear padding and the ESP inner shell features multiport with mesh screens to allow for ample airflow.
- In addition to being vented, this helmet is comfortable to wear all day long. Its padded chin strap and integrated goggle loop enhance comfort and function.
- Each helmet includes a micro adjustable strap for the perfect fit for just about anyone. Only 1.2 lb, Small: 55-56cm, Medium: 57-58cm, Large: 56-60cm, X-Large: 61cm
- Wireless Bluetooth earbuds engineered by Bose for your best workout yet.
- Product Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ears
- Bose lifelike sound: Makes your music sound like the performer is right there beside you, pushing you to go 1 more mile or do 1 more rep.
- Secure and comfortable earbuds: Customize your fit with the included 3 sizes of StayHear Max tips that won’t hurt your ears and won’t fall out no matter tough your workout is.
- Weather and sweat resistant earbuds: IPX4 rated, with electronics wrapped in special materials to protect from moisture wherever you exercise
What To Look For Choosing The Best Headphones For Snowboarding
Not every headphones for snowboarding comes with the same specifications & price. So, you should choose the one that will serve your purpose and save your wallet.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best headphones for snowboarding vary depending on your specific needs. However, some of the best headphones for snowboarding include those from over-the-ear type headphones, as well asfieddy earbuds, and Practice Paperrifle earphones. If you’re looking for a pair of headphones that will help you concentrate on your snowshoeing, then an over-the-ear type headphones are the right choice for you. They will keep your head and neck warm and comfortable, while making it easier for you to concentrate on your surroundings.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Snowboard With Headphones In?
Yes, I can snowboard with headphones in.
How Do You Listen To Music While Snowboarding?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question, as everyone has different preferences. However, some tips on how to listen to music while snowboarding include using a headphones when needed and using playlists that focus on music or sound effects when it is necessary.
Are Airpods Good For Snowboarding?
The answer is it depends on what you are trying to do. For some, the Airpods might be a better option than using an EDT or FM radio when it comes to clear sound while in the air. For others, such as those who love snowboarding, the Airpods can provide good sound and interference-free use. Ultimately, it comes down to how your needs as a snowboarder vary from day to day.
How Do You Use Airpods On A Snowboard?
As a snowboarder, I use my Airpods for sound and communication. I can hear and communicate with my friends and machines on a snowboarder team through their Airpods.
The best headphones for snowboarding are the 2017 Sakos VS1 headphones. They have an open design that makes it easy to move around and are made from lightweight materials that make them comfortable to wear. The sound quality is excellent, and they can easily ear-prime yourself.