When it comes to cutting plywood, there’s no better saw than a power saw. But if you don’t have a power saw (or even if you do), a hand saw is a great alternative for making clean, accurate cuts in plywood. In this article, we’ll take a look at the best hand saws for cutting plywood.
Here Are Our Top 10 Best Hand Saw For Cutting Plywood At A Glance
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each phone with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Hand Saw For Cutting Plywood People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- ► Specification & Dimension - Total length: 11-3/4 inch (299 mm); Handle Length: 6-3/4 inch (172 mm); Saw Blade Length: 5 inch (127 mm) , Saw Blade HRC 62-68.
- ► Faster Cutting - Precision triple ground teeth allows for smooth, faster and effortless cutting. 8 TPI bi-metal blade cuts in both directions (push and pull). Extra secured blade to handle assembly for safety. Deep gullets between saw teeth keeps blade free of material. The Jab Saw features with a sharpened tip that punches through drywall or other similar materials with ease.
- ► Ergonomic Handle - Anti-Slip Super Grip handle resists slipping, adding comfort. The proper size design fit most hand size and help lessen fatigue when cutting, allows for superior cutting angle.
- ► Secure Lock & Portable Construction - Lock System prevents the blade from accidental close during use. Press red button on the handle, for safety open and close without risk. Foldable design for easy carry. Handhold size for easy store in your tool bag.
- ► Application - Designed for precise cutting drywall, wallboard, plywood, plastic and PVC. Ideal for your home DIY and for framers, general contractors and woodworkers.
- Hand saw cuts drywall, wallboard, plywood, and plastic
- Drywall saw blade with triple ground teeth for a fast cut
- Blade cuts in both directions (push and pull)
- Hardened, carbon steel blade for durability
- Hardened, beveled blade point for scoring and plunge cuts
- SPECIAL HAND SAW FOR CUTTING PLYWOOD & SOLID WOOD MATERIALS: A High-quality Japanese saw for cutting hard wood material. It is a razor blade specializing in cutting plywood, laminated wood, veneer and timbers. Also, suitable for hardwood materials such as a broad-leaved tree. Japanese impulse blade edge quenching (impact quenching) processing maintains the sharpness for a long time. The smooth cut surface of wood reducing burrs & cracks has been realized by a special fine-tooth of the blade.
- QUICK & EASY BLADE INTERCHANGE: The special KAKURI blade is replaceable with one touch by hand. It is designed to be easy to handle and does not require complicated screw tightening for blade replacement. By replacing the spare blade of KAKURI, it can be used as a saw for various purposes. A plastic scabbard sleeve for storing and carrying is also included. The cover can hold three spare blades with the main body.
- TOP QUALITY JAPANESE TOOL: Only Japanese high-grade steel is used. The blade is razor-sharp and durable. All KAKURI brand products are manufactured in Japan and handcrafted by Japanese craftsmen.
- ENGLISH INSTRUCTION: KAKURI official English instruction is included.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Made in Japan / Blade: Japanese high carbon steel / Handle: TPR Resin / Blade Length: 8-1/4 inches / Overall Size: 3.5×0.7×14.1 inches / Weight: 5.9 oz
- ► EASY TO USE: Our pro hand saw is designed for precise cutting including dovetails, miters, and tenons. The saw cuts through materials like wood, plastic pipe, plywood, wallboard. Ideal for framers, general contractors and woodworkers.
- ► DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Induction-hardened teeth that stay sharp up to five times longer than standard teeth and produces smooth, sharp, and quick cuts. Extra secured blade to handle assembly for safety.
- ► ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Anti-Slip Super Grip handle resists slipping and adds comfort, The handle size will work with any hand size from small to extra-large and is designed to help lessen fatigue when cutting. Unique handle design allows for superior cutting angle.
- ► QUICK CUTS: Three cutting surfaces to cut up to 50% faster than traditional handsaws. Pro hand saw fast cuts on push and pull strokes. Deep Gullets provide rapid removal of chips.
- ► THICK BODY BLADE: 16-inch Pro Hand Saw with a 9 TPI high carbon steel blade for rigidity and control. You can count on these Hand Saw to deliver superior, long lasting performance and great results.
- 【Faster Cutting】: Precision both ground teeth allows for smooth, faster and effortless cutting. 7 TPI bi-metal blade cuts 50% faster than traditional versatile tooth
- 【Practical & Durable】: Sharpened tip with an oblique angle for plasterboard or splint.Precision cross-ground teeth cut in both push and pull directions for fast, clean, and effortless cutting
- 【Ergonomic Grip Design】: Lightweight jab saw with soft grip and slip-resistant handle, ergonomically designed for continuous use with minimal fatigue, larger handle guard for improved safety
- 【Wide applicable】: Suitable for drywall, wallboard, plywood, cement board, thin paneling and PVC
- 【Extra handle guard】 larger handle guard for improved safety
- 【Double-blade design】Double-sided universal design can achieve faster and easier cutting, so that any work becomes easy.
- 【Long lasting】Made of 65 strong material, 1.5mm thickness. A 6-inch thin plate knife consists of hardened and tempered teeth for extended service life, while a drywall saw can accomplish many tasks for greater durability.
- 【Pointed tip for plunge cuts】The cutting tip is designed to make the difficult task of cutting into drywall or drywall easier when you first start cutting into it.
- 【Ergonomic design】Equipped with large non-slip comfortable rubber handle, non-slip comfortable design, can reduce the use of fatigue. Hollow tail, easy to hang storage.
- 【 Widely used 】 Thin saw can cut gypsum board and thin plate in a straight line or curve; You can also use our SLATE saw to cut holes in walls, ceilings, floor fixtures and sockets
- 【WHAT'S INCLUDED】6 Inch bi-metal 24 TPI blade for metal, 6 inch bi-metal 18 TPI blade for metal or plastic, 6 inch HCS 6 TPI blade for wood, ergonomic blade handle.
- 【HIGH PERFORMANCE】Saw blades are made of high quality 65 manganese steel, designed to be very resistant, sharpened tip and hardened blade for durability, ergonomic rubber grip handle for increased comfort.
- 【VARIETY OF USAGE】Manual rotating the saw handle’s lockback mechanism, the hand saw can secure 3 difference teeth blade. Different blades suitable for different material cutting, perfect jabsaw for metal, wood, pvc and foam.
- 【SAFETY AND PORTABLE】Fix blade jab saws by mechanism lock, the mechanism lock leads to 50% safer than traditional fixing mode. The jabsaw can remove saw blade from the handle while no using, easy storage and carry.
- 【FULL OCCASION】Jab saw is ideal for carpenters, farmers, plumbers, and other woodworkers. Suitable for drywall, wallboard, plywood, cement board, thin paneling and pvc. Excellent wood, metal and foam hand saw.
- Size：14inches, 350mm hand saw, 0.9MM Thick.
- Material: 65Mn steel, heat treated, soft Ergonomic Non-Slip TPR Handle.
- Wide usage: Our pro hand saw is designed for precise cutting including wood, plastic pipe, plywood, wallboard. Ideal for framers, general contractors and woodworkers.
- QUICK CUTS: Three cutting surfaces to cut up to 50% faster than traditional handsaws. Pro hand saw fast cuts on push and pull strokes. Deep Gullets provide rapid removal of chips.
- Package: With low-friction coating on blade and extra plastic protection on teeth and hard paper sleeve around blade.
- ★ Widely Used: Set of 6 mini circular saw discs blades for DREMEL, FORDOM Drills Rotary Tools, electric power tools, for accurate, fast and precision cutting, which is a good DIY tool.
- ★ High-Level Material: Made of strong HSS high speed steel, following the unique advanced science cutting principle, so the defects of other blades can be effectively resolved.
- ★ Size：22（126.96.36.199.50）* 0.8 *6.35 diameter; mandrel shank 1/8".
- ★ Multipurpose: Fit for timber, plastic, fiberglass, aluminum & thin sheet metal etc. soft metal. An indispensable tool for carving work.
- ★ Note: Do not cut hard object, It is the best for cutting wood and PVC. The blades will vibrate when working so it must be handled carefully to prevent the blades from jumping out to hurt people.
- ⛭ Hand Saw Unique Patented Design: with its patented one-second blade replacement method, Drywall SAW's patented steel ball locking saw blade allows you to change saw blade in one second with a click of your thumb and firmly locking saw blade. Let you feel innovative technology to enjoy a more convenient life.
- ⛭ 6-inch Handle & 6-inch Saw Blade: A total of 12 inch product lengths have a wider working range, allowing you to easily use in construction, DIY, and woodworking categories.
- ⛭ 0.36lb Handle & TPR Elastic Material: The most comfortable unique handle: 0.36lb unique handle is the best weight for hand saws, heavier than other hand saws, representing better power. Made of pp and TPR (thermoplastic elastomer) solid, flexible handle. With a non-slip pattern and a thumb curve design, holding it in your hand will give you a unique feel.
- ⛭ 6 Saw blades & 3 Functions: MecWork hand saw a handle with three kinds of saw blades, used for metal, wood and plastic. Quick change hand saw, you can quickly change three kinds of blades to give you a variety of options for wood cutting.
- ⛭ 6 18 24 Three TPI : With special saw blades for different use in plastic, wood, metal, and drywall cutter, cutting HVAC, handsaw for wood cutting,plumbing and electrical openings, or cutting ceiling tile openings.
What To Look For Before Buying Best Hand Saw For Cutting Plywood
Before choosing a Best Hand Saw For Cutting Plywood, you should take the following considerations into account.
When it comes to choosing the best hand saw for cutting plywood, there are a few things you should keep in mind. The first is the type of wood that will be cut; this may include hardwood, softwood, or both. Additionally, the saw’s blade size and sharpness will affect the outcome of the job. Finally, the saw’s range of motion and stability will also be important factors to consider.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Hand Saw Is Best For Cutting Plywood?
A hand saw is best for cutting plywood because it has a lot of cutting power and can easily slice through the wood.
How Do You Cut Plywood With A Hand Saw?
There are a few ways to cut plywood with a hand saw. One way is to cut the plywood into individual strips, which can then be cut into lengths that you need. Another way to cut plywood is to use a jigsaw, which will help make accurate cuts and produce a piece that is much more sturdy.
What Saw Cuts Thin Plywood?
A saw that is specifically designed to make thin plywood cuts is typically a commercial saw.
Can You Cut Plywood With Hacksaw?
Yes, a hacksaw can be used to cut plywood.
The best hand saw for cutting plywood is the Ridgid AO-S120L. This saw has a wide variety of settings for blade ANGLE,depth of cut and rip capacity. It is also easy to use and provides high-quality results.