A handheld GPS is a great tool for geocaching. A handheld GPS gives you the ability to pinpoint your location while in the field, which is essential for geocaching. There are many different handheld GPS units on the market, so it is important to do your research to find the best one for your needs.
A Shortlist Of The Best Garmin Handheld Gps For Geocaching
Here is a quick recap of our top 10 picks that lets you compare each phone with another and allow you to choose the best one.
10 Best Garmin Handheld Gps For Geocaching People Love In 2022: In Depth Features
- Rugged handheld navigator with preloaded worldwide basemap and 2.2 inch monochrome display
- WAAS enabled GPS receiver with HotFix and GLONASS support for fast positioning and a reliable signal
- Waterproof to IPX7 standards for protection against splashes, rain, etc.
- Support for paperless geocaching and Garmin spine mounting accessories. Power with two AA batteries for up to 20 hours of use (best with Polaroid AA batteries)
- See high and low elevation points or store waypoints along a track (start, finish and high/low altitude) to estimate time and distance between points
- Premium GPS handheld with Birdseye Satellite Imagery subscription and TOPO maps
- Large, 3” sunlight-readable color display for easy viewing. Display size - 1.5 W x 2.5 H inch (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3 inch diag (7.6 cm)
- Multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support to track your travels in more challenging environments than GPS alone plus three-axis compass and barometric altimeter
- Access to Birdseye Satellite Imagery with direct-to-device downloads and no annual subscription and preloaded TOPO U.S. and Canada maps
- Expanded wireless connectivity supports Active Weather for up-to-date forecasts and animated weather radar and Geocaching Live for mobile syncing and updates
- Large 3" sunlight-readable color display for easy viewing | Trigger an interactive SOS to the GEOS 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center; two-way messaging via the 100% global Iridium satellite network (satellite service package required)
- Preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping with direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads (no annual service package); includes multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors | Cellular connectivity lets you access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live
- Compatible with the Garmin Explore website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field | Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode; 200 hours in Expedition mode with 30-minute tracking intervals
- The sturdy, button-operated GPSMAP 66i features a large 3” color display you can see even in bright sunlight. If you’re out in the field for long stretches of time, you can turn on Expedition mode and get up to 200 hours of battery life while using inReach technology. In the default tracking mode, you get up to 35 hours of battery life, and your device will save your location every 10 minutes.
- Bundle Includes - 2-Pack of Garmin GPSMAP 66i | USB cable | Carabiner clip | Documentation
- IN THE BOX: 1 x Garmin GPSMAP 66i 010-02088-01, 1 x USB charging cable, 1 x Carabiner Clip, 1 x Texel Power Bank 10,000mAh Portable Battery Charger, 1 x Texel Wall Charger, 1 x Texel Car Charger, 1 x USB Cable
- battery: 2 aa batteries (not included); nimh or lithium recommended
- memory: 1. 7 gb
- display resolution: 160 x 240 pixels
- "display size: 1. 43" x 2. 15"; 2. 6" diagonal"
- "physical dimensions: 2. 6" x 6. 0" x 1. 2"
- 2.6-inch TFT LCD display. Display size-1.43 x 2.15 inches. 2.6 inch diagonal
- Worldwide shaded relief basemap; microSD card slot for optional mapping
- 3-Axis compass & barometric altimeter
- Floats, buoyant
- Built-in 3-axis electronic compass; Barometric altimeter
- Explore confidently with the reliable handheld GPS
- 2.2" sunlight-readable color display with 240 x 320 display pixels for improved readability
- Preloaded with Topo Active maps with routable roads and trails for cycling and hiking
- Support for GPS and GLONASS satellite systems allows for tracking in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- 8 GB of internal memory for map downloads plus a micro SD card slot.Battery life: up to 25 hours in GPS mode with 2 AA batteries
- Large 3 inch Sunlight-readable color display for easy viewing
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the geos 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center, two-way messaging via the 100% Global Iridium satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping with direct-to-device Birdseye satellite imagery downloads (no annual subscription), includes multiple global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
- Cellular connectivity lets you access active weather forecasts and geocaching live
- Compatible with the Garmin explore website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
- Rugged GPS watch built to withstand the toughest environments
- Constructed to U.S. Military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (rated to 100 meters)
- Built in 3 axis compass and barometric altimeter, plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, Glonass and Galileo) support helps track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Monitor your estimated heart rate, activity and stress; Train with preloaded activity profiles. Strap material: Silicone
- Stay connected with smart notifications (with a compatible smartphone) and automatic data uploads to the Garmin connect online fitness community
- Garmin GPSMAP 66sr Handheld Navigator 3" Color Display
- Multi-Band GNSS for Optimal Accuracy
- IN THE BOX: USB Cable - Carabiner Clip
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Garmin GPSMAP 66sr Handheld Navigator 3" Color Display
- 1 Year Extended Protection Plan in ADDITION to the Included FULL Manufacturer Protection
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Garmin Handheld Gps For Geocaching
Before choosing a Best garmin handheld gps for geocaching, you should take the following considerations into account.
When looking for the best garmin handheld gps for geocaching, it is important to consider factors such as price, capabilities, features, and customer service. Additionally, it is important to research different models to find the best fit for your needs. Here are some tips on how to choose the best garmin handheld gps for geocaching: Price: Be sure to compare prices before making a purchase. Some models are cheaper than others and may have less features. Capabilities: What features will the Garmin handheld GPS include? Are you interested in tracking geocaches or simply mapping out your location? Features: What features do you need? For example, shall the Garmin handheld GPS have a map mode or be able to track geocaches? Customer service: How easy is it to contact customer service should something go wrong with the handheld gps?
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Which Garmin Is Best For Geocaching?
GarminGeoCaching is the best choice for geocaching because it has a variety of features and is easy to use.
What Is The Most Accurate Garmin Handheld?
Garmin has a wide range of handhelds that are accurate, but the Nuvi 925 is the most accurate.
How Do I Geocache With My Garmin Gps?
If you are using a Garmin GPS unit to geocache, it is important to be familiar with the geocache features that the unit provides. One of the most common geocaches uses a location service like Google Maps to find coordinates for a caching spot. To cache a location, you need to add it to your device’s geocache list and then when you Geocoach, you will see an option to cache the location. Tocache the location, enter its coordinates into your Garmin device’s address book (PC or laptop) or on any other location-enabled device.
How Accurate Is A Gps For Geocaching?
accuracies for GPS are typically between 50-75%.
There is no definitive answer to this question as there are a variety of different Garmin handheld GPS devices available on the market. However, some of the best options for geocaching include the Garmin Geocacher, theofone Geocacher, and the Garmin Forerunner 910XT.